Parents and LEAs

I understand how demanding and draining it can be, as a parent of a child with special educational needs to try to grapple with a complex area of law and to engage with a local authority which may not be prepared to make the provision that you believe your child should receive under the law.

I can help.

I have more than 20 years experience of working as a barrister and would be pleased to advise you, draft documents on your behalf or to represent you at a tribunal hearing.

I also accept instructions from local education authorities to advise them and represent them at tribunal hearings.

At the English Bar, we are proud of, and fiercely protective of our independence and subject to professional duties will represent anyone, who offers to pay a reasonable fee for our services. This is sometimes called “the cab rank” rule.